Unit 1 Objectives: Foundations of America
- Students will examine the causes of the American Revolution.
- Students will examine what caused the American victory and the immediate impact of the American revolution on the people of colonial north America.
- Students will examine the how the years 1783-1787 created a need for a new Constitution.
- Students will examine our Constitution and the government that it creates.
- Students will examine how American expansion reflected the development of American identity and American nationalism between 1800-1850.
Click below for your UNit 1 power point slides and other handouts.
The files below are your Constitution Tour sheets, Six Big ideas and the entire unit Powerpoint.
Age of Jackson
View video below.
Answer the questions on the handout, which are also listed below. View some political cartoons.
Be able to characterize Jackson's place in history.
Crash course: War and Expansion video below: A good review for the test.
REview videos below:
A quick fun explanation of Gideon 6th Amendment Case.
A man in Prison changes the COnstitution
A quick fun explanation of Shays rebellion in one minute. And, it has a cat. This isn't an assigned video.
View the crash course of the Constitution and answer the questions on your handout.
View the video clip: Story of US, Lexington Concord.
Answer this question in your textbook notes after viewing. You must show your response to teacher the next class. Copy this question and answer in full sentences, min 3. After reading viewpoints in class of Lexington and Concord, how does this video add to or change your perception of what happened?